Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone!

As there have been no new posts for a bit, I thought I had better do one! First if all, we have now started a new year, so welcome to the latest in a series of great years! heheh I'd only just got used to last year!

There was a great party the other night at Goony Island to usher in the new Homestead Status - we are now limited to only 20 AVs on the SIM, which will slow down events slightly! Never mind, there has been an increase in the number of clubs and places we can visit and have fun in, so the choice is there!

Just before Christmas I was at a fencing contest, only as a spectator, don't think I am good enough to compete. It was a great event, made more so by the mixing of kid and adult AVs (and furrys, robots, strange green squidgy things... it was an interesting contest...). Several kids were competing, and one of our number made the quarter finals! What was nice was the good humour and enjoyment by all the competitors, people congratulating winners, comiserating with losers, all done in good sportsmanship (sportsAVship?). It bodes well for our future, and maybe is the model for more intergration in the coming year.

Well, this is just a quick post to welcome in the New Year, I hope you all had as good a time as I did, and I will see you inworld soon.

Tepic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we've met isl yet but I'm really glad to hear that things seam to be getting better for SL Children.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm Polly Melody and I just landed in Second Life! I have no idea what places to visit, where to get free clothes, where are the lucky chairs? And what are Lindens that people want as in return for clothes? Can you pleae guide me? Thank you!
*bows*

(I decided to make a child avatar I'm 41 and I just love "being a child again", but I'm lost of what a child can visit in SL and have fun with other children, where to get freebies and lucky chairs, if someone can guide me I will be very greatful!)